Register now to attend a free three-day virtual or in-person Fraud Prevention Conference in Oklahoma City, to help you stay ahead of fraudsters and the latest scams.
Expert speakers from local and national organizations will present you with the latest statistics and trends in existing and emerging scams targeting Oklahoma citizens and will share tips to help you avoid a devastating financial crisis. There is no age requirement to attend. You can sign up for as many of the programs as desired. Each will be great and will build on the others, but there is no commitment to attend them all.
Attend online or in person at Metro Tech's new District Center: 1900 Springlake Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Doors open at 8:30 AM. Conference is 9 AM to 4 PM. Lunch is provided to those attending in person.
- June 23: Banking & Financial Fraud
- July 14: Social Security & Medicare Fraud
- July 28: Cyber Security & Online Scams
Register online at Fraud Prevention Conference Tickets| Eventbrite or call 405-869-2567. Registration is required. This conference is free and open to the public because of generous donations from AARP, the Oklahoma Insurance Department and our sponsors.
Citizens over 60 are specifically targeted by criminals.
Fraudsters use sophisticated tactics to lure you in and steal your hard-earned money. The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) received nearly 900,000 complaints in 2022, with losses exceeding $10.3 billion, while many crimes are unreported.
It’s becoming more difficult to protect ourselves, and those we care for, from becoming victims.
Attend the Fraud Prevention Conference to learn the following, and more:
- Discover different types of fraud.
- Explore the technology curve.
- Review common and evolving scam tactics.
- Gain knowledge and tools to protect yourself and others.
- Know what to do if you are a victim.
- Friday, June 23: Banking & Financial Fraud/Scams
- Keynote Speakers: Jackie Blaesi-Freed (Department of Justice) and Elaine Dodd (Oklahoma Bankers Association)
- Breakout Session Leaders: Jackie Blaesi-Freed (DOJ), Elaine Dodd (OBA), and Josh McDiarmid (FBI)
- Friday, July 14: Social Security and Medicare Scams
- Keynote Speakers: Ray Walker, Oklahoma Insurance Dept and Debbie Sawyer-Smith, Social Security Admin
- Breakout Session Leaders: Ray Walker (OID), Debbie Sawyer-Smith (SSA), and Juli Cowden (OID)
- Friday, July 28: Cyber Crimes and Online Scams
- Keynote Speakers: Joy McGill (AARP) and Meleia Williamson (Oklahoma Dept. of Securities)
- Breakout Session Leaders: Joy McGill (AARP), Meleia Williamson (ODS), and Tara Hardin (OK County Sheriff's Office)