Visa Debit Card
- Visa® debit card available with any Security Bank checking account
- Use at the ATM or wherever VISA cards are accepted
- Links directly to your checking account balance
- Funds deducted automatically
- No finance charges or late fees
- Faster than writing a check
- Easier than carrying cash
- Accepted worldwide
Open a Security Bonus Checking account and use your debit card to qualify for a higher rate of interest.
Protect your debit card with SecurLOCK.
SecurLOCK is a debit card security app that allows you to monitor your card activity and prevent unauthorized purchases from your phone. You control how, where and when your card is used with the touch of a button.
With the SecurLOCK app, you can:
- Lock your debit card, if you misplace it, and turn it back on when you find it
- Set your card to work only where you are, tying it's location to your phone's location
- Receive alerts and set controls to deny transactions based on specific merchants, transaction types or location.
- Block international transactions
- Monitor your child's spending or set spending limits as they're learning money management skills.
Download the SecurLOCK Equip free app in the Google Play or App Store.
Best practices to keep your card and money safe
Debit cards and credit cards are different. When you use your debit card for purchases, the money is directly deducted from your bank account, unlike a credit card where you buy now, pay later. With this in mind, it's important to monitor your checking account regularly and report any suspicious activity to your bank immediately. Here are some other tips to help you keep your card and money safe.
Protect your PIN number
- Never provide your PIN in response to an unsolicited phone call, e-mail, text message or other communication you didn't originate.
- At the register, run your card as a credit rather than a debit.
- Immediately, report a lost or stolen debit card or PIN to your bank.
Avoid or limit using your debit card for online purchases
- Consider designating a credit card for online purchases to avoid funds being immediately drawn from your bank account.
- Devote a bank account for online purchases and limit the balance.
- Verify the website is secure. Look for a security symbol, such as a padlock, next to the URL. Hover your mouse over it and view the site information.
Don't use public Wi-Fi to access personal or financial information or to make purchases
- Public Wi-Fi is convenient, but not secure
- Use a private, password-protected wireless network to access your online banking, to pay bills and to make online puchases. You may consider setting up VPN encryption for further protection.
Report problems or suspicious activity immediately
- To limit your losses and liability, you must notify your bank within two business days after learning of the loss or theft of your card.
- If you have the SecurLOCK app, lock your card as soon as you suspect a fraudulent charge or lose your card and call your bank immediately.
- The Federal Trade Commission offers a guide for reporting lost or stolen debit, credit or ATM cards.
Resources are provided as information only and should not be construed as legal advice.