How We Protect Your Online Security
The security of your financial information is one of Security Bank's most important responsibilities. We maintain our Online Banking platform using stringent information security guidelines and use many lines of defense to protect your account information. From dual authentication, SSL, encryption software, high-end firewalls, and automatic log off, your information is always safe and secure.
- Dual Authentication ensures that you, the legitimate user, is communicating with us and not a fraudster who does not have authority to access your online accounts. If our system does not recognize the location from which you are attempting to log in, you will be required to go through some additional verification procedures before you are able to gain access.
- SSL stands for "Secure Socket Layer." This technology allows users to establish sessions with secure Internet sites, meaning they have minimal risk of external violation. Once inside the Online Banking site, our use of SSL technology keeps you and your account information secure.
- Encryption turns words and phrases into coded language. All of your online activities during an Online Banking session become a string of unrecognizable numbers before entering the Internet. We employ the strongest forms of cryptography that are commercially available for use over the Internet, so your account information will read as gibberish to everyone but you and our financial institution.
- High-end firewalls protect our computer systems interacting with the Internet against unauthorized access by outside individuals or networks.
- Automatic log off is done automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity during an Online Banking session. If you forget to log off after you finish your online session, the system will automatically log you out to prevent anyone else from accessing your information.
From the moment account information leaves your computer to the time it enters our Online Banking system; we take numerous steps to ensure your information is secure in cyberspace. We make sure only authorized people with secure browsers can access our system.
- You must enter your password, and we must verify it before you are allowed to access your accounts.
- Our online banking system requires the use of a strong password consisting of a combination of upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. Passwords will expire after 90 days.
- If we are unable to verify your login information, we will initiate an identity verification process in an effort to help you get logged into the online banking system. If we are unable to verify your identity, you will be asked to contact the bank for further assistance.
- Only browsers supporting the SSL security protocol with 128 bit encryption can be used to log on to our system.
- Once online, we make sure only you can view any information about your accounts.
- SSL uses a digital signature to make sure that no one can send you false information; your browser will only accept information from the Online Banking system.
- SSL also uses the highest level of encryption supported by your browser to encrypt all information before it is sent. This ensures that only the browser that logged on can read any information the system supplies.
Learn more about cybersecurity from the FDIC Consumer News newsletter.